Who we are
HOCADEO is a Faith based Organization. It is a social and
economic development arm of Hoima Catholic Diocese and has the mandate to operate in Hoima Diocese.
HOCADEO was formed as the result of the need to strengthen development work at all levels; most particularly at community level. Consequently, the operational area of Hoima Caritas Development Organization (HOCADEO) include; Districts of Hoima, Kikuube, Masindi, Buliisa, Kiryandongo, Kibaale, Kagadi and Kakumiro which make up Hoima Diocese.
To express God’s love for mankind by continuing Christ’s work of liberation and of enabling each
person to have life in abundance through programs that
meet people’s real and felt needs.
- To alleviate human suffering and poverty.
- To enhance social justice in communities where development takes place.
- To express love, care towards God’s creation and in response of gospel.
- To ensure full “human development” i.e, developing the capacity of communities to be able to take control of their own destiny and development.
- To enhance the health status of the population, both individual and their environment.